Fire crews called to Belgrave to tackle house fire caused by jacuzzi - Leicestershire Live

2021-12-23 07:20:38 By : Mr. Jackie Chen

Three engines were sent out to fight the blaze earlier today

Guarantee you'll never miss another big story by signing up for our free email updates

Three fire crews were called out to a house in Belgrave on Tuesday morning after a jacuzzi caught fire.

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the house on Ardath Road, Belgrave, Leicester, at 11.17am, after reports of a fire - related to a jacuzzi-style bath - started in a bathroom on the first floor.

Three engines were sent out to the scene, two from Eastern Fire Station and one from Leicester Central Fire Station.

READ MORE: Discover more Leicestershire Fire and Rescue stories on Leicestershire Live

The firefighters were able to tackle the blaze with one hose reel, and two lots of breathing gear.

The fire service has confirmed that all residents were accounted for - safe, and with no casualties.

They also confirmed that the fire was likely caused by an electrical fault with the bath - with the majority of the damage coming from the smoke - though the fire itself was responsible for a small part of the destruction.

A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue's Fire Control said: "We were called to the scene on Ardath Road at 11.17 after reports of a fire in the first floor bathroom involving a jacuzzi-style bath.

Get LeicestershireLive news updates straight to your inbox - click here to sign up to our newsletter.

Alternatively, add your email address in the black sign-up box at the top of this page. It's that easy!

"We sent three appliances, two from Eastern station and one from Central station, with the crews using one hose reel jet and two lots of breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.

"All persons were accounted for and there were no casualties.

"The believed cause of the fire was an electrical fault with the bath. The fire caused some slight damage itself, as well as causing a large amount of smoke damage to the bathroom.

"Crews left the scene at 12.10."

Want the latest news direct to your inbox? Click here to sign up for Leicestershire Live's newsletters.