It happened on one of the hottest days of the year
People in Skegness were advised to keep their windows and doors closed due to a "large quantity" of smoke from a fire. Firefighters were called to the incident in Church Road North today (August 14).
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted shortly after 3.30pm: "We are currently dealing with a fire. We advise residents nearby to keep windows and doors closed due to a large quantity of smoke being produced."
The service later tweeted that crews had been called to a fire off Church Road North shortly after 1.25pm. The tweet said there was "moderate fire damage to one tree stump" and the blaze was "extinguished using one hose reel."
Read more: Wildfires have already doubled as Lincolnshire heads into second heatwave
Elsewhere, it's been a busy weekend for Lincolnshire's firefighters who once again have been tackling field fires. Firefighters from Grantham, Stamford, Sleaford, Market Deeping, Corby Glen and Billingborough were called to a 13-hectare stubble field fire in Skillington at about 6pm on Saturday.
Crews used hose reels and beaters and were assisted by local farmers with two ploughs and two telehandlers to extinguish the fire. Earlier on Saturday, people in Lound and Toft were advised to keep their windows and doors shut due to a field fire at about 2pm. The fire service tweeted: "We currently have six fire engines in attendance dealing with a field on fire. If you live in the area of Lound and Toft, please keep your windows and doors closed."
Ten hectares of stubble and 400 metres of hedgerow were destroyed. And at about 11.30am, crews from Louth and Mablethorpe attended Eau Bank, North Somercoates, to a field on fire. Grassland measuring 100 metres by 50 metres was destroyed. The fire service tweeted it was "caused by a bonfire left unattended".
We provided updates about the Skegness incident. Scroll down to read our live blog.